Mental Health Links
The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, such as intent or a plan for suicide, we advise people to call 911, or the Whitebird Crisis Center at 541-687-4000 or go to their nearest emergency room for safety, and ensure they get immediate attention.
- CAHOOTS (Crisis Assistance Helping Out on the Streets) – Contact non-emergency police lines. Eugene: (541) 682-5111 and Springfield: (541) 726-3714.
- Whitebird Crisis Line (Eugene/Springfield) – Mental health services provided in-home for crisis intervention in emergency situations; call 1-800-422-7558.
Suicide Awareness & Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
Domestic Violence & Trauma Support
- Womenspace – A local organization providing services to survivors of domestic violence.
- Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS) – 24-hour crisis line for survivors of sexual abuse/assault.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) Child Welfare Program – Protective services to children; links for child care resources and information about adoption and foster parenting.
- AhaParenting – Dr. Laura Markham’s site with articles and support from pregnancy through adolescence.
Marriage & Relationships
- The Gottman Institute – creator of the The Sound Relationship House; a research-based approach to relationships
- Gottman Institute Blog – blog posts on romantic relationships, parenting, families & communication
Shame Resilience & General Kick-Ass Awesomeness
- Brené Brown – Yes, I’m clearly a fan girl and don’t care. Brené is magic and I love her work.
- Brené Brown’s TED Talk “Listening to Shame”
- Brené Brown’s TED Talk “The Power of Vulnerability”
- Daniel Siegel’s Hand Model of the Brain
- Daniel Siegel’s TED Talk “Mindfulness and Neural Integration”
- Center for Community Counseling – A local resource offering affordable counseling options for uninsured or limited means.
- University of Oregon HEDCO Clinic – Graduate student therapists provide sliding-fee scale individual, couples and family therapy services.
- Relief Nursery – A local non-profit dedicated to child safety and supporting families
- EC Cares – Lane County’s early intervention and early childhood special education center provides evaluation and therapeutic options for infants through preschool-age children with suspected or diagnosed developmental challenges.
- CASA of Lane County – Court Appointed Special Advocates, or CASA, volunteers provide a voice for abused and neglected children.
Associations & Institutes
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry – A wide variety of pediatric mental health information
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Answers to Your Questions About Panic Disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIH) – Recommendations for treatment and general information for anxiety disorders for children and adults.
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- National Center for PTSD Real Warriors (U.S. Department of Defense)— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- CHADD – For children and adults to increase learning more and access support.
- ADDitude magazine – Stories, forums and information for those with ADHD and caregivers of individuals diagnosed with ADHD.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association – Support, news and information for adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.